Combination Keyed Lock – A New Lock Standard in the Security Bag Industry.
We at Cardinal Bag Supplies always listen to our customers. After reviewing all our feedback and special requests, we discovered that many of our customers wanted security bags that had a strong but convenient lock design. It had to meet high-security protocols and standards, and remove the risk and inconvenience of having multiple keys made.
In response, Cardinal developed the Combination Lock Bag with a patented priority combination keyed lock design. It is ideal for business managers and supervisors who are responsible for transporting or safely storing currency, highly sensitive or confidential files, and other valuables. Thanks to the multiple locking options, there is no need to have keys that can be lost, stolen, or duplicated by unauthorized personnel. This is far better than what you would find from the traditional locking zipper bag.
Combination Keyed Lock Features
- Open lock with combination -3 digit variable code, or key
- On-demand managed reset of combination 2 keys per lock
- Keyed alike or keyed different
- Heavy duty steel spring loaded coil mechanism
Customer Uses of the Combination Lock Bag
While the security bag was initially designed for business, government, medical and financial industry, it has many personal applications as well. For example, research shows that one of the most common reasons why children are rushed to the emergency room is that they accidentally ate prescription medicine. That’s why many parents use a combination lock medication bag to store pills that can be swallowed by curious toddler who think that it’s candy! The bag also can be used while traveling to carry passports and other valuables. It’s light, durable, convenient, and secure.
5 Benefits of a using the Combination Lock Bag
- Safety – both in the office and at home!
- Reliability – trust our high quality materials and design
- Diversity – meets multiple security protocols
- Convenience – never have to worry about lost or stolen keys
Video: Combination Lock Instructional Video for Security Bags
Instructions for the Combination Lock
Turn the dials to match the opening combination. The factory preset is 0-0-0.
Turn the knob. The lock will spring open and can freely rotate.
To lock the security bag, turn the knob counterclockwise until the red dot is aligned with the dials. Press down until you hear a click.
The key is also easy to use. Just insert into the keyway (originally aligned with the green dot) and turn 90 degrees clockwise until it aligns with the red dot. The lock will spring open. To lock it again, just turn the key counterclockwise until it is realigned with the green dot. Press down until you hear a click.
To set your security combination, use a small slotted screwdriver to push the reset button. This is found near the barrel where you can see dials. Turn the button 90 degrees clockwise (1/4 turn). The button will remain in this position. Enter the desired combination, and use the screwdriver to push the button back to its original position.
Please email or call us if you have any questions or if you forget/lose your combination. We can arrange a factory reset of your lock.
Opening and locking with the key
- To open, insert the key into the keyway of the lock. (Keyway will be aligned with the green dot)
- Turn the key 90 degrees clockwise until the keyway is aligned with the red dot. The lock will spring open. The upper part of the lock is free to rotate away from the zipper.
- To lock, turn the key 90 degrees counterclockwise until the keyway is aligned with the green dot. Remove the key.
- Align the upper half of the lock to the bottom and press down until you hear a click
Setting and resetting the combination
- Turn dials to factory 0-0-0 or current combination. Using a small slotted screwdriver, press in the reset button located on the barrel of the lock containing the dials, press in the reset button and turn the button 90 degrees clockwise (1/4 turn). The button will remain in this position.
- Set the dials to the desired combination.
- Using the slotted screwdriver, press in the reset button and turn counterclockwise 90 degrees to the original position. The lock has now been reset to the new combination.