What are HIPAA Locking Bags?
If you work in the medical industry, chances are you’ve heard about lockable HIPAA bags. But what is HIPAA, and what exactly is a HIPAA bag for?
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, mandates that all patient records must be kept private and handling of patient documents need some level of security especially when sending documents from one office to the other or to different departments. This level of security will ensure that the patient information is not disclosed without authorization. Nurses, doctors, and other health care providers need to send documents regularly and this requires a specialized bag. Yes, you guessed it right, HIPAA bags.
Cardinal Bag Supplies HIPAA Locking Bags
Our HIPAA bags are highly customizable and there are several options that you can choose from. We have developed a series of bags to meet the requirements stipulated in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Here are the design options that you can choose from:
- Size– Available in 2 sizes, 11” x 15” and 15” x 19”
- Color: 15 colors to choose from: Red, Black, Royal Blue, Forest Green, Navy Blue, Burgundy, Gray, Gold, Purple, Orange, Yellow, Kelly Green, Teal, Brown and White
- Materials: 3 materials to choose from: Laminated Nylon, 1000 Denier or Basket Weave Nylon and Canvas
- Lock: 5 locks to choose from: Standard Keyed Alike, Standard Keyed Different, Standard Keyed Master Lock, Combination/Keyed Alike and Combination/Keyed Different
- Card Holders: Framed or No Card Holder
- Handles: Hard or Webbed
To know more about our HIPAA lock bags, feel free to visit our made-to-order HIPAA Locking Bags.
Who Needs Lockable HIPAA Bags
According to HHS (US Department of Health and Human Services), they recognize that the range of entities affected by the Privacy Rule would cover the smallest health care provider to multi-health providers. Therefore, scalability and flexibility are needed. However, it is up to the covered entities to carefully evaluate their system and how they process the information. All the entities covered must create privacy policies and procedures that are consistent with the “Privacy Rule”.
Need to know more about our HIPAA bags or would you like to place a custom order? We would love to hear from you! Send us an email and let us know your how we can help.